Her goals as a doula are:
· To make sure the mother never has to be alone while labouring. That she is always emotionally & physically supported by either her partner, or her doula.
· To provide countless comfort measures, breathing techniques, and labouring positions, in order to help women and couples achieve the best possible birth experience.
· To help the labouring woman know she will be supported during any decision she makes.
· To be your advocate, not your voice. For the labouring woman to feel confident enough to make her own decisions, knowing she will have the support of her birthing team.
· To help parents transition into parenthood with confidence knowing they have plenty of support and resources at their finger tips.